The Making of Beautiful Things
Ireland’s dramatic West Coast, verdant countryside, and lively literary and theatre scene in Dublin
9 days / 8 nights
$5,599 per person; $535 for single supplement
We visit Ireland’s treasures, including the Book of Kells, Kenmare, Kildare, Killarney National Park, The Rock of Cashel, Kilkenny Castle, and Dublin. Experience horse racing’s Irish National Stud and enjoy horticultural gems in late summer when they are at their very best. And, while passing through gorgeous vistas, the group has three invitations to meet fascinating people doing very creative work.
We celebrate Irish country life at Ballymaloe House. Founded by Myrtle Allen, the matriarch of modern Irish cuisine, the gardens, farm, and restaurant, are the training ground for many of Ireland’s great chefs. We then follow the Ring of Kerry, a spectacular drive along Ireland’s Atlantic coast, to meet a young marine biologist and environmental leader, Lucy Hunt. Lucy will share with the group Ireland’s rich marine heritage and her own innovative conservation work.
Our tour culminates with four relaxing days in Dublin. During a relaxed and informal day at the Irish National (Abbey) Theatre, the group meets the artists and follows the journey of the play, Katie Roche, from idea to production. The following evening, the group sees all the creative work brought together in the Abbey’s performance of Katie Roche. We are then invited for drinks afterward with the creative team.
- Lunch and tour at Ballymaloe House, home of Ireland’s farm to table culinary movement
- Spectacular mountains and seashore of the Ring of Kerry
- Ireland’s marine heritage; meet marine biologist, Lucy Hunt, founder of Sea Synergy
- Dramatic emerald mountains and gardens of Kenmare, Kildare; Killarney National Park
- Celtic, Viking, and Norman history of The Rock of Cashel and Kilkenny Castle
- Tour of the home of Irish thoroughbred breeding and racing, The Irish National Stud
- The Book of Kells: Ireland’s finest national treasure, a masterwork of calligraphy and art
- Irish National (Abbey) Theatre: Backstage tour, meet artists, Katie Roche performance
- Literary Tour of Dublin with Trinity College’s James Hickson
- Opportunities to experience traditional Irish music throughout the tour
- Opportunities to enjoy outdoor adventures such as walking, fishing, and bicycling
- Option of a daytime transatlantic flight (minimal jet-lag) to Cork, via London
Day 1: Arrive in Cork; private transfer from Cork Airport to your Hotel
Day 2: Cork; Ballymaloe House, restaurant, farm, and gardens
Day 3: Ring of Kerry; Lucy Hunt, Sea Synergy Awareness Centre
Day 4: Kenmare; Rock of Cashel; Kilkenny
Day 5: Kilkenny Castle; Kildare: National Stud and gardens
Day 6: Dublin: Abbey Theatre backstage tour with theatre artists
Day 7: Dublin: Trinity College; Book of Kells; Katie Roche
Day 8: Dublin: Free day for sights, museums of this remarkable city
Day 9: Dublin: private transfer from your Hotel to Dublin Airport
- Guiding; Private Transportation; Airport Transfers; Breakfasts; Balymaloe Luncheon; Fees; Tickets, Katie Roche performance
- Hotels: 4 star Cork International Hotel; 3 star Eccles Hotel Glengarriff; 4 star Pembroke Kilkenny Hotel; 4 star Stephen’s Green Hotel, Dublin
- Terms and Conditions apply.
We hope very much you come and enjoy Ireland’s beauty, history, vibrant culture, and pure fun. Please call Cory McPeek at (617) 566-1907 for more information.
Please make your check payable to Constellation Community LLC, and mail it to 33 Pond Avenue, Suite 411, Brookline, Massachusetts 02445.
For those who would like it, travel insurance is available.