Ancient Treasures and Vibrant Art Scene
Some of the finest art, private collections, and palaces in Europe
10 days / 9 nights
$5,899 per person; $540 for single supplement
Over ten days, we discover the ancient riches and vibrant art scene in Dresden, Potsdam, and Berlin.
On our tour we enjoy some of the finest museums and private art collections in Europe. We experience first hand the artistic vision of collectors from Augustus ll in the 18th century, to Hasso Plattner, Erika Hoffmann, and Christian and Karen Boros in the 21st century.
Private collections are important contributors to the public museums of the future. Most present day museums began as private collections. By opening his palaces to the public, Dresden’s Augustus ll is credited with inventing the public museum.
The collectors we know are all passionate…people. Most of them gather together with the same passion as the princes [who] brought their collections together and sent their messengers across Europe. – Erika Hoffmann
We visit Dresden’s Zwinger and Royal Palaces; Green Vault; New Green Vault; Old Masters; Potsdam’s newly restored Barberini Museum; Frederick the Great’s Sanssouci; Cecilienhof Palace; and Berlin’s Museum Island. We also have invitations to tour the private collections of Erika Hoffmann and Christian and Karen Boros.
These stylish cultural capitals offer inspiring optional events such as the Berlin Music Festival, Philharmonic Orchestra concerts, and the International Garden Exhibition and relaxing outdoor activities such as picnicking, bicycling, and riverboating.
- Rich and vibrant art scene in Dresden, Potsdam, and Berlin
- Outdoor dining, gardens, and music
- Berlin: The superb private art collection of Erika Hoffmann
- Berlin: The renowned private art collection of Christian and Karen Boros
- Berlin: Museum Island with its great museums, including the Pergamon and Neues Museum
- Potsdam: Barberini Museum; Sanssouci and Cecilienhof Palaces
- Dresden: Zwinger and Royal Palaces; Green Vault and New Green Vault; Old Master
Day 1: Dresden, Transfer from Dresden International Airport to Hotel
Day 2: Dresden, Church of Our Lady; Zwinger Palace, Old Masters Gallery
Day 3: Dresden, Dresden Palace, Green Vault and New Vault
Day 4: Drive to Potsdam: Tour of Potsdam and Museum Barberini
Day 5: Potsdam: Sanssouci Palace and the Cecilienhof Palace
Day 6: Berlin: Tour of Berlin; Tour of Hoffmann Art Collection
Day 7: Berlin: Visit to Museum Island including Pergamon Museum and Neues Museum
Day 8: Berlin: Free morning, Afternoon tour of Boros Art Collection
Day 9: Berlin: Free Day
Day 10: Berlin: Airport Transfer from Hotel to Berlin-Tegel Airport
- Guiding; Private Transportation; Airport Transfers; Breakfasts; Entrance Fees; Private Invitations
- Hotels: 4 star Hilton Dresden Hotel; 4 star Hotel am Jaegertor, Potsdam; 4 star Movenpick Hotel Berlin
- Terms and Conditions apply.
We hope very much you can come and enjoy Germany’s spectacular art, palaces, gardens, and music. Please call Cory McPeek at (617) 566-1907 for more information.
Please make your check payable to Constellation Community LLC, and mail it to 33 Pond Avenue, Suite 411, Brookline, Massachusetts 02445.
For those who would like it, travel insurance is available.